Join the "Banadad Beavers" for a Work Weekend clearing the summer's accumulation of brush and downed trees and bridge replacement projects along the Banadad Ski Trail. Most of the Banadad is located within the BWCA, where the use of power equipment for maintenance is prohibited. As a result, just to get the trail open for skiing each year requires some 600-650 hours of hand labor. Your help is needed!
This Fall's Trail Clearing Weekend Schedule
- October 4 – Saturday work all-day; Reduced rate lodging available through Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B.
- October 9-12 – Sponsor, Adventure Vacations, a Twin Cities based touring company- for more information contact Karen at 651-644—0333 or 866-910-0300
- October 11- Saturday work all day; Reduced rate lodging available through Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B.
- October 23-26 Sponsor, North Star Ski Touring Club for more information contact Tom Rice email@example.com.
- November 6-9 Sponsor Minnehaha Academy Ski team; also open on Saturday, November 8 to others. Work all day; Reduced rate lodging available through Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B
- November 15 - Saturday work all-day; Reduced rate lodging available Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B.
All volunteers receive special reduced lodging rates at Poplar Creek Guesthouse or at the Banadad Yurts and free parking along the Banadad Ski Trail during the 2008-09 Ski Season.
Following the trail clearing the east end of the Banadad is normally open for skiing with the first good snow- sometime near the end of November. However the entire Banadad and the Croft Yurt is not available until about mid-December.