Banadad Trail Snow & Trail Conditions Report- brought to you by the Banadad Trail Association
The Banadad is the BWCA's longest tracked ski trails at 30 km. The Trail is best described as a single tracked intimate trail winding through the BWCA. On the Banadad eastern end is the single tracked 4-km. Lace Lake Trail, the 3.2-km Seppala Trail and the 3.5-km. Tall Pines Trail. The eastern end of the trail system connects with the Central Gunflints Trails and the western end connects with the Upper Gunflint Trails.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Sunday, November 16, 2014
On the westend there is about 1-2" of snow. Not near enough snow to get onto that end of trail with equipment. However, on the east end the snow measures 3-4 inches. Four inches is almost enough, but not quite enough, to get out onto the trail and start packing. While the snowmobiles are out packing the packing crew will work on clearing the down trees remaining on the remote section of the east end just beyond the Logging camp.
Wednesday, November 05, 2014
- Coming up: There is still about three and one half miles of the Banadad's east side, inside the BWCA (from 1/4 mile beyond the logging camp to the Whoppee 2 hill) that must be cleared. Because of this section's remote location contract groomers will be removing the down trees here when snow condition allow snowmobiles to start the packing (grooming) of the trail.
- Coming up: November 15-16, Minnehaha Academy Ski Team. The plan is to have the ski team cutting brush along the Banadad's west end trail section inside the BWCA. While this area has been cleared the objective with this project is to cut back the brush.
- November 1 and 2: North Star Ski Touring Club- 4 volunteers removed large inactive beaver dam blocking Tall Pines Trail and they cut back bush on the Tim Knopp Trail
- October 15: Banadad Trail Association annual trail workday - 18 volunteers clear down trees (including clump above) blocking trail in first mile west of eastern trail head inside BWCA and cleared side brush west of Lizz Lake Portage outside the BWCA
- October 15: All east end trails outside of BWCA were mowed by paid contractors at a cost of $1300. This included the Lace Lake, Tall Pines, Knopp and the 3 miles of non BWCA Banadad.
- October 17 and 18: Two volunteers cleared down trees on the entire west end of the Banadad
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Sunday, April 06, 2014
Spring skiing get on the trail will it is still there; temperature is in the mid 40s; tracked will only last a few days.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- ▼ 2014 (13)
- ► 2009 (26)
- ► 2008 (24)